Salisbury Bowling Club - Centenary Year 2012
Salisbury Bowling Club, one of the oldest flat green bowls clubs in Wiltshire, celebrated it's centenary in 2012.
The present club was founded in 1912. It's origins though can be traced back to 1751 when it's green was situated at the confluence of the rivers Avon and Nadder as part of a small holding known as 'Bowling Green Nurseries".
Since that time the club has been located at several sites within the city, including on a lawn of a house in Wain-a-Long Road, before finally settling in Devonshire Road.